Norton error 8504, 104 appears when there is a problem in installing the software or an error in the upgrade of Norton to a newer version. It can also be because of conflict with a previously installed antivirus or a security software. It could happen to you without any warning and you will know when it happens as you will get a notification message on the screen. There have been lots of times when customer have issued this complaint and because of that reason, you have come across this blog. Here, you will a comprehensive explanation about the steps that you could take that will definitely resolve the problem for you and to know how to do it you need to stay in track with this blog. But if you want to get help from a more experienced source, you can contact Norton customer care to get remote assistance from professional and certified employees.
There are many solutions or methods you can adapt to fix error code 8504, 104 in Norton. And here you will find two very robust methods that have proven to be very helpful in resolving the aforementioned problem.
Method 1: removing any other antivirus or security application from your PC
Since a previously installed software or an application can cause unnecessary confliction and problems, you must remove it and install only one software of such kind.
- You are required to uninstall the already installed security or antivirus software from your computer.
- Now launch the appwiz.cpl by pressing windows key and R together.
- When you see the new window with all the installed programs and software installed on your computer, browse through it and select the antivirus application.
- Besides or below it you will see the ‘remove’ or ‘uninstall’ button. Click that button to remove it.
- After the procedure is done, you need to restart the computer.
Method 2: use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
If you don’t have this utility tool, download it from the official Norton site. If you already have it installed, then you may proceed with the steps:
- Advance to the folder containing the downloaded file and double-click on it.
- Now let it run on your system as admin, and in the process, you need to click ‘agree’ when you get to the license and agreement page.
- Finally, click on ‘advanced option’ and choose the ‘remove only’ option. After this proceed to ‘remove’ and restart the computer.
These are the two methods that will help you out while handling the error. If you face any technical problem, you may call Norton helpline number to get assistance from a qualified personnel.